Welcome to Episode 1 of “The Big COC Podcast”, COC Radio’s new chat show covering all things operatic.
Regular features include:
For our first episode, we welcome opera bloggers: John Gilks, Leslie Barcza and Opera Canada magazine’s editor, Wayne Gooding. Your host is the COC’s Adult Programs Manager, Gianmarco Segato.
Topics include lively round table discussions about the latest controversy at Bayreuth; Toronto music critic John Terauds' musings on whether “Toronto classical music [is] caught between a boulder and a very hard place?” and in anticipation of the COC’s upcoming new production of Die Fledermaus, “Whither operetta at the opera?”
Tune in for our next episode, as we talk to Opera Canada's Wayne Gooding about his experience at the Bayreuth Festival.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions for future topics and guests – leave your comments here!
Continue reading for step-by-step instructions about how to subscribe and download our podcasts.
There are several ways to listen to COC podcasts.
1. Visit COC Radio and listen to podcasts directly from our website.
2. Visit our podcast page and download the files to your computer and use your preferred audio program.
3. Download iTunes and search for the Canadian Opera Company in the iTunes store. Once you find the podcast, click 'subscribe' to allow iTunes to automatically download each new podcast to your computer.
4. If you already have iTunes installed, visit our iTunes podcast page and follow through to subscribe.
5. Sign up for the RSS feed for the Big COC Podcast.
Posted by Gianmarco Segato / in The Big COC Podcast / comments (0) / permalink
Sara Fulgoni in the COC production of Bluebeard's Castle. Photo: Michael Cooper © 2001