A romantic French take on Spain's greatest literary hero, starring the incomparable Ferruccio Furlanetto.
May 9, 11, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 2014
Sung in French with English SURTITLES™
Based on the same classic novel that inspired the Broadway hit Man of La Mancha, Don Quichotte is Massenet’s affectionate portrayal of literature’s ultimate dreamer, Don Quixote. The incomparable Ferruccio Furlanetto, opera’s pre-eminent bass, stars in his intensely moving signature role. Lush melodies and Spanish dance rhythms conjure up medieval Spain at the end of the age of chivalry. In this enchanting production, characters spring out of giant leather-bound storybooks as windmills are fashioned from oversized quills.
With the COC Orchestra and Chorus
- Conductor Johannes Debus
- Director Linda Brovsky
- Choreographer Sara de Luis
- Set Designer Donald Eastman
- Costume Designer Christina Poddubiuk
- Lighting Designer Connie Yun
- Chorus Master Sandra Horst
- Don Quichotte Ferruccio Furlanetto
- Riccardo Dimitri Pittas
- Sancho Panza Quinn Kelsey
- Dulcinèe Ekaterina Gubanova