Fantasma for School Groups
Connecting Opera to Learning Outcomes
The COC is pleased to provide both digital and in-person offerings which connect educators and students with resources that explore the story of Fantasma. Both options feature an Interactive Resource Guide designed to guide students through activities and discussions that explore opera creation, feature best practices on how to effectively process socio-emotional themes, and also include digital opportunities to explore vocational points of access within the performing arts.
These interactive resources will assist teachers and students in developing an understanding of musical conventions, practices, terminology and apply the elements of music through a range of activities. Students will also explore the function of music in society as they navigate through the digital experience of Fantasma. This digital package will be available as a PDF with accompanying Video streaming links (YouTube and Vimeo embedded players).
Digital Package for School Groups
Fantasma Digital Stream:
- After purchase, educators will be sent a link to the Fantasma stream and the Teacher Portal (available March 9th, 2022), where access to all the Interactive Resources will be available.
- The Fantasma Digital stream performance will be available March 23, 2022 to September 23, 2022
Fantasma Interactive Resource Guide:
- Pre-Show Video from Music Therapist & Psychotherapist, Dr. SarahRose Black
- A Post-Show School Activity which will guide students through a discovery session about how they might create a legacy piece of music for the character of Marcel
- The Interactive Resource Guide, which includes video content from the opera’s creators, content from “Spring Break at the COC” and comprehensive activities related to Fantasma
Need more information on your options? Use the Contact Us form to send us your questions!